Meaning of homogeneous
Pronunciation: (hō"mu-jē'nē-us, -jēn'yus, hom"u-), [key]
- composed of parts or elements that are all of the same kind; not heterogeneous: a homogeneous population.
- of the same kind or nature; essentially alike.
- a homogeneous solid figure.
- having a common property throughout:a homogeneous solid figure.
- having all terms of the same degree:a homogeneous equation.
- relating to a function of several variables that becomes multiplied by some power of a constant when each variable is multiplied by that constant: x2y3 is a homogeneous expression of degree 5.
- relating to a differential equation in which a linear combination of derivatives is set equal to zero.
- homogeneous (Thesaurus)