Meaning of historiography
Pronunciation: (hi-stôr"ē-og'ru-fē, -stōr"-), [key]
— pl. -phies.
- the body of literature dealing with historical matters; histories collectively.
- the body of techniques, theories, and principles of historical research and presentation; methods of historical scholarship.
- the narrative presentation of history based on a critical examination, evaluation, and selection of material from primary and secondary sources and subject to scholarly criteria.
- an official history: medieval historiographies.
- historiography (Thesaurus)