Meaning of heliotrope
Pronunciation: (hē'lē-u-trōp", hēl'yu- or, esp. Brit., hel'yu-), [key]
- any hairy plant belonging to the genus Heliotropium, of the borage family, as H. arborescens, cultivated for its small, fragrant purple flowers.
- any of various other plants, as the valerian or the winter heliotrope.
- any plant that turns toward the sun.
- a light tint of purple; reddish lavender.
- an arrangement of mirrors for reflecting sunlight from a distant point to an observation station.
- heliotrope (Thesaurus)