hearing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hēr'ing), [key]
- the faculty or sense by which sound is perceived.
- the act of perceiving sound.
- opportunity to be heard: to grant a hearing.
- an instance or a session in which testimony and arguments are presented, esp. before an official, as a judge in a lawsuit.
- a preliminary examination of the basic evidence and charges by a magistrate to determine whether criminal procedures, a trial, etc., are justified.
- earshot: Their conversation was beyond my hearing.
- hearing (Thesaurus)