guillotine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gil'u-t?n", g?'u- esp. for v. gil"u-t?n', g?"u-), [key]
? n., v., -tined, -tin•ing.
- a device for beheading a person by means of a heavy blade that is dropped between two posts serving as guides: widely used during the French Revolution.
- an instrument for surgically removing the tonsils.
- any of various machines in which a vertical blade between two parallel uprights descends to cut or trim metal, stacks of paper, etc.
- to behead by the guillotine.
- to cut with or as if with a guillotine.
- guillotine (Thesaurus)