Meaning of grunt
Pronunciation: (grunt), [key]
- to utter the deep, guttural sound characteristic of a hog.
- to utter a similar sound.
- to grumble, as in discontent.
- to express with a grunt.
- a sound of grunting.
- a dessert, typically of cherries, peaches, or apples sweetened and spiced, and topped with biscuit dough.
- any food fish of the family Pomadasyidae (Haemulidae), found chiefly in tropical and subtropical seas, that emits grunting sounds.
- a soldier, esp. an infantryman.
- a common or unskilled worker; laborer.
- grunt (Thesaurus)