Meaning of growth
Pronunciation: (grōth), [key]
- the act or process, or a manner of growing; development; gradual increase.
- size or stage of development: It hasn't yet reached its full growth.
- completed development.
- development from a simpler to a more complex stage: the growth of ritual forms.
- development from another but related form or stage: the growth of the nation state.
- something that has grown or developed by or as if by a natural process: a growth of stubborn weeds.
- an abnormal increase in a mass of tissue, as a tumor.
- origin; source; production: onions of English growth.
- of or denoting a business, industry, or equity security that grows or is expected to grow in value over a long period of time: a growth industry; a growth stock.
- growth (Thesaurus)