Meaning of grommet
Pronunciation: (grom'it), [key]
- any of various rings or eyelets of metal or the like.
- an insulated washer of rubber or plastic, inserted in a hole in a metal part to prevent grounding of a wire passing through the hole.
- a ring or strop of fiber or wire; becket.
- a ring having a thickness of three strands, made by forming a loop of a single strand, then laying the ends around the loop.
- a ring of fiber used as a seal or gasket, as under the head of a bolt.
- a washer or packing for sealing joints between sections of pipe.
- a stiff ring of rubber or metal inside the top of a service cap, designed to keep the top of the cap stretched flat.
- a metal-bound eyelet in cloth, sometimes used decoratively, as on a garment.
- to fasten with a grommet.
- grommet (Thesaurus)