grit: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (grit), [key]
— n., v., grit•ted, grit•ting.
- abrasive particles or granules, as of sand or other small, coarse impurities found in the air, food, water, etc.
- firmness of character; indomitable spirit; pluck: She has a reputation for grit and common sense.
- a coarse-grained siliceous rock, usually with sharp, angular grains.
- sand or other fine grainy particles eaten by fowl to aid in digestion.
- to cause to grind or grate together.
- to make a scratchy or slightly grating sound, as of sand being walked on; grate.
- to show tenseness, anger, or determination by or as if by clamping or grinding the teeth together.
- grit (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.