grille: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gril), [key]
- a grating or openwork barrier, as for a gate, usually of metal and often of decorative design.
- an opening, usually covered by grillwork, for admitting air to cool the engine of an automobile or the like; radiator grille.
- any of various perforated screens, sheets, etc., used to cover something, as on a radio for protecting the amplifier or in cryptography for coding purposes.
- a ticket window covered by a grating.
- a square-shaped winning opening on the hazard side of the court. Cf. dedans (def. 1),
Pronunciation: (Fr. grē-yā'), [key]
- cooked on a grill; broiled.
- having an ornamental bar or grate pattern across the open areas of a lace motif.
- grille (Thesaurus)