gravity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (grav'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the force of attraction by which terrestrial bodies tend to fall toward the center of the earth.
- heaviness or weight.
- gravitation in general.
- a unit of acceleration equal to the acceleration of gravity. Symbol: g
- serious or critical nature: He seemed to ignore the gravity of his illness.
- serious or dignified behavior; dignity; solemnity: to preserve one's gravity.
- lowness in pitch, as of sounds.
- gravity (Thesaurus)