Meaning of grandstand
Pronunciation: (gran'stand", grand'-), [key]
— n., v., adj. -stand•ed, -stand•ing,
- the main seating area of a stadium, racetrack, parade route, or the like, usually consisting of tiers with rows of individual seats.
- the people sitting in these seats.
- to conduct oneself or perform showily or ostentatiously in an attempt to impress onlookers: The senator doesn't hesitate to grandstand if it makes her point.
- situated in a grandstand: grandstand seats.
- having a vantage point resembling that of a grandstand: From our office windows on the third floor, we had a grandstand view of the parade.
- intended to impress an onlooker or onlookers: a grandstand catch.
- grandstand (Thesaurus)