Meaning of going
Pronunciation: (gō'ing), [key]
- the act of leaving or departing; departure: a safe going and quick return.
- the condition of surfaces, as those of roads, for walking or driving: After the heavy rain, the going was bad.
- progress; advancement: With such slow going, the work is behind schedule.
- Usually,behavior; conduct; deportment.
- moving or working, as machinery.
- active, alive, or existing.
- continuing to operate or do business, esp. in a successful manner: a going company.
- current; prevalent; usual: What is the going price of good farmland in this area?
- leaving; departing.
- to begin; get started.
- by a wide margin, esp. as established in the late stages of a contest: The champion won the bout going away.
- It's going on four o'clock.
- nearly; almost:It's going on four o'clock.
- happening:What's going on here?
- continuing; lasting:That party has been going on all night.
- going (Thesaurus)