go-devil: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gō'dev"ul), [key]
- a flexible, jointed apparatus forced through a pipeline to free it from obstructions.
- a dart dropped into a well, esp. an oil well, to explode a charge of dynamite or nitroglycerin previously placed in a desired position.
- a handcar.
- a sled used to drag or carry logs, stone, etc.
- Also calleda cultivator that rides on wooden runners and is used on listed furrows.
- any exceptionally fast or effective machine or appliance: That food processor is a real go-devil.