Meaning of glacial
Pronunciation: (glā'shul), [key]
- of or pertaining to glaciers or ice sheets.
- resulting from or associated with the action of ice or glaciers: glacial terrain.
- characterized by the presence of ice in extensive masses or glaciers.
- bitterly cold; icy: a glacial winter wind.
- happening or moving extremely slowly: The work proceeded at a glacial pace.
- icily unsympathetic or immovable: a glacial stare; glacial indifference.
- of, pertaining to, or tending to develop into icelike crystals: glacial phosphoric acid.
- glacial (Thesaurus)