gift: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gift), [key]
- something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
- the act of giving.
- something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned: Those extra points he got in the game were a total gift.
- a special ability or capacity; natural endowment; talent: the gift of saying the right thing at the right time.
- to present with as a gift; bestow gifts upon; endow with.
- to present (someone) with a gift: just the thing to gift the newlyweds.
- gift (Thesaurus)