Meaning of Georgian
Pronunciation: ( jôr'jun), [key]
- of or pertaining to the period of British history from the accession of George I in 1714 to the death of George IV in 1830, or the four kings named George who reigned successively during this period.
- of or pertaining to the period of the reign of George V (1910–36) or to George V himself.
- of, noting, or designating the styles of architecture, furniture, and crafts current in England esp. from 1714 to 1811.
- of or pertaining to the state of Georgia in the U.S.
- of or pertaining to the Georgian Republic.
- a person, esp. a writer, of either of the Georgian periods in England.
- the styles or character of either of the Georgian periods.
- a native or inhabitant of the state of Georgia in the U.S.
- a native or inhabitant of the Georgian Republic.
- the most important South Caucasian language, spoken principally in the Georgian Republic, and written in a distinctive script derived from the Aramaic alphabet.
- georgian (Thesaurus)