Meaning of geometry
Pronunciation: ( jē-om'i-trē), [key]
- the branch of mathematics that deals with the deduction of the properties, measurement, and relationships of points, lines, angles, and figures in space from their defining conditions by means of certain assumed properties of space.
- any specific system of this that operates in accordance with a specific set of assumptions: Euclidean geometry.
- the study of this branch of mathematics.
- a book on this study, esp. a textbook.
- the shape or form of a surface or solid.
- a design or arrangement of objects in simple rectilinear or curvilinear form.
- geometry (Thesaurus)