geometric: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jē"u-me'trik), [key]
- of or pertaining to geometry or to the principles of geometry.
- resembling or employing the simple rectilinear or curvilinear lines or figures used in geometry.
- of or pertaining to painting, sculpture, or ornamentation of predominantly geometric characteristics.
- (often cap.)
- pertaining to or designating a style of vase painting developed in Greece between the 10th and 8th centuries b.c., characterized chiefly by rectilinear or curvilinear shapes in abstract and human figuration, often arranged in tiers or panels around the vase.
- designating a style of Greek sculpture of approximately the same period, exemplified chiefly in small figurines or reliefs having a schematic and generalized treatment of the human form.
- a geometric pattern, design, etc.: an ornate and handsome geometric.
- geometric (Thesaurus)