gentry: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jen'trē), [key]
- wellborn and well-bred people.
- (in England) the class below the nobility.
- an upper or ruling class; aristocracy.
- those who are not members of the nobility but are entitled to a coat of arms, esp. those owning large tracts of land.
- people, esp. considered as a specific group, class, or kind: The polo crowd doesn't go there, but these hockey gentry do.
- the state or condition of being a gentleman.
- gentry (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.