gem: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jem), [key]
— n., v., adj. gemmed, gem•ming,
- a cut and polished precious stone or pearl fine enough for use in jewelry.
- something likened to or prized as such a stone because of its beauty or worth: His painting was the gem of the collection.
- a person held in great esteem or affection.
- muffin (def. 1).
- a 4-point type of a size between brilliant and diamond.
- to adorn with or as with gems; begem.
- noting perfection or very high quality: gem color; a gem ruby.
- gem (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.