gathering: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ga'ur-ing), [key]
- an assembly or meeting.
- an assemblage of people; group or crowd.
- a collection, assemblage, or compilation of anything.
- the act of a person or thing that gathers.
- something that is gathered together.
- a gather or a series of gathers in cloth.
- an inflamed and suppurating swelling.
- (in a flue, duct, or the like) a tapered section forming a transition between two sections, one of which has a greater area than the other.
- a section in a book, usually a sheet cut into several leaves.
- gathering (Thesaurus)