garrote: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gu-rōt', -rot'), [key]
— n., v., -rot•ed, -rot•ing.
- a method of capital punishment of Spanish origin in which an iron collar is tightened around a condemned person's neck until death occurs by strangulation or by injury to the spinal column at the base of the brain.
- the collarlike instrument used for this method of execution.
- strangulation or throttling, esp. in the course of a robbery.
- an instrument, usually a cord or wire with handles attached at the ends, used for strangling a victim.
- to execute by the garrote.
- to strangle or throttle, esp. in the course of a robbery.
- garrote (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.