garnish: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gär'nish), [key]
- to provide or supply with something ornamental; adorn; decorate.
- to provide (a food) with something that adds flavor, decorative color, etc.: to garnish boiled potatoes with chopped parsley.
- to attach (as money due or property belonging to a debtor) by garnishment; garnishee.
- to summon in, so as to take part in litigation already pending between others.
- something placed around or on a food or in a beverage to add flavor, decorative color, etc.
- adornment or decoration.
- a fee formerly demanded of a new convict or worker by the warden, boss, or fellow prisoners or workers.
- garnish (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.