Meaning of fumble
Pronunciation: (fum'bul), [key]
— v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to feel or grope about clumsily: She fumbled in her purse for the keys.
- to fumble the ball.
- to make, handle, etc., clumsily or inefficiently: to fumble an attempt; He fumbled his way through the crowded room.
- to fail to hold or maintain hold on (a ball) after having touched it or carried it.
- the act of fumbling: We completed the difficult experiment without a fumble.
- an act or instance of fumbling the ball.
- fumble (Thesaurus)