Meaning of frequency
Pronunciation: (frē'kwun-sē), [key]
— pl. -cies.
- the state or fact of being frequent; frequent occurrence: We are alarmed by the frequency of fires in the neighborhood.
- rate of occurrence: The doctor has increased the frequency of his visits.
- the number of periods or regularly occurring events of any given kind in unit of time, usually in one second.
- the number of cycles or completed alternations per unit time of a wave or oscillation. Symbol: F; Abbr.: freq.
- the number of times a value recurs in a unit change of the independent variable of a given function.
- the number of items occurring in a given category. Cf. relative frequency.
- frequency (Thesaurus)