Meaning of free lance
- a mercenary soldier or military adventurer of the Middle Ages, often of knightly rank, who offered his services to any state, party, or cause.
- freelance (defs. 1, 2).
Pronunciation: (frē'lans", -läns", -lans', -läns'), [key]
— n., v., adj., adv. -lanced, -lanc•ing,
- to act or work as a freelance: The illustrator used to be employed by us but is freelancing now.
- to produce, sell, or accomplish as a freelance: to freelance a magazine article.
- of or pertaining to a freelance or the work of a freelance: a freelance writer; freelance copyediting.
- in the manner of a freelance: She works freelance.
- free lance (Thesaurus)