Meaning of free form
- a shape having an irregular contour, chiefly used in nonrepresentational art and industrial design.
- a linguistic form that can occur by itself, as fire, book, or run. Cf. bound form.
Pronunciation: (adj.frē'fôrm"adv.frē'fôrm'), [key]
- characterized by free form: free-form sculpture.
- not organized or planned in a conventional way: a free-form international conglomerate.
- encouraged to function or evolve without advance planning; spontaneous: free-form management.
- without restrictions or preconceptions: The children were allowed to paint free-form.
- free form (Thesaurus)