fraise: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (frāz), [key]
- a defense consisting of pointed stakes projecting from the ramparts in a horizontal or an inclined position.
- a ruff worn around the neck in the 16th century.
- a woman's embroidered scarf worn with ends crossed on the chest and pinned with a brooch or the like, popular in the early 19th century.
- a cutting tool for correcting inaccuracies in the teeth of a timepiece wheel.
Pronunciation: (frez), [key]
— pl. fraises
- a brandy distilled from strawberries.
- fraise (Thesaurus)