Meaning of fracture
Pronunciation: (frak'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- the breaking of a bone, cartilage, or the like, or the resulting condition. Cf. comminuted fracture, complete fracture, compound fracture, greenstick fracture, simple fracture.
- the act of breaking; state of being broken.
- a break, breach, or split.
- the characteristic manner of breaking: a material of unpredictable fracture.
- the characteristic appearance of a broken surface, as of a mineral.
- to cause or to suffer a fracture in (a bone, etc.).
- to break or crack.
- to amuse highly or cause to laugh heartily; delight: The new comic really fractured the audience.
- to become fractured; break: a mineral that does not fracture easily.
- fracture (Thesaurus)