Meaning of forehand
Pronunciation: (fôr'hand", fōr'-), [key]
- (in tennis, squash, etc.) of, pertaining to, or noting a stroke made from the same side of the body as that of the hand holding the racket, paddle, etc. Cf. backhand (def. 5).
- being in front or ahead.
- foremost or leading.
- done beforehand; given or made in advance, as a payment.
- (in tennis, squash, etc.) a forehand stroke.
- the part of a horse that is in front of the rider.
- the player on the dealer's left, in a game with three players. Cf. endhand, middlehand.
- a superior or advantageous position.
- (in tennis, squash, etc.) with a forehand stroke.
- forehand (Thesaurus)