Meaning of follower
Pronunciation: (fol'ō-ur), [key]
- a person or thing that follows.
- a person who follows another in regard to his or her ideas or belief; disciple or adherent.
- a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal: He was little more than a follower of current modes.
- an attendant, servant, or retainer.
- a boyfriend or suitor, esp. of a maidservant.
- a part receiving motion from or following the movements of another part, esp. a cam.
- a concrete form attached to the head of a timber pile to permit casting of a concrete cap or pier.
- follower (Thesaurus)