flier: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (flī'ur), [key]
- something that flies, as a bird or insect.
- an aviator or pilot.
- an airplane passenger, esp. one who travels regularly by air.
- a person or thing that moves with great speed.
- some part of a machine having a rapid motion.
- a small handbill; circular.
- a flying jump or leap: He took a flier off the bridge.
- a risky or speculative venture: Our flier in uranium stocks was a disaster.
- one of the steps in a straight flight of stairs. Cf. winder (def. 2).
- a trapeze artist; aerialist.
- a silvery-green sunfish, Centrarchus macropterus, found from Virginia to Florida and through the lower Mississippi valley.
- flier (Thesaurus)