Meaning of flamboyant
Pronunciation: (flam-boi'unt), [key]
- strikingly bold or brilliant; showy: flamboyant colors.
- conspicuously dashing and colorful: the flamboyant idol of international society.
- florid; ornate; elaborately styled: flamboyant speeches.
- having the form of an ogee, as a bar of tracery.
- noting or pertaining to French Gothic architecture of the late 15th and early and middle 16th centuries, characterized by the use of flamboyant tracery, intricacy of detailing, virtuosity of workmanship, attenuation of parts, and frequent complication of interior space.
- flamboyant (Thesaurus)