Meaning of fixed
Pronunciation: (fikst), [key]
- fastened, attached, or placed so as to be firm and not readily movable; firmly implanted; stationary; rigid.
- rendered stable or permanent, as color.
- set or intent upon something; steadily directed: a fixed stare.
- definitely and permanently placed: a fixed buoy; a fixed line of defense.
- not fluctuating or varying; definite: a fixed purpose.
- supplied with or having enough of something necessary or wanted, as money.
- coming each year on the same calendar date: Christmas is a fixed holiday, but Easter is not.
- put in order.
- arranged in advance privately or dishonestly: a fixed horse race.
- a fixed oil.
- (of an element) taken into a compound from its free state.
- nonvolatile, or not easily volatilized:a fixed oil.
- (of a point) mapped to itself by a given function. Cf. Brouwer fixed-point theorem.
- fixed (Thesaurus)