Meaning of fishtail
Pronunciation: (fish'tāl"), [key]
- to swerve or skid from side to side, as the rear end of a car.
- to slow an airplane by causing its tail to move rapidly from side to side.
- such a maneuver.
- a gas burner having two jets crossing each other so as to produce a flame resembling a fish's tail.
- a device having a long, narrow slot at the top, placed over a gas jet, as of a Bunsen burner, to give a thin, fanlike flame.
- a setting consisting of four prominent triangular corner prongs to hold the stone.
- fishtail (Thesaurus)