fillip: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fil'up), [key]
- to strike with the nail of a finger snapped from the end of the thumb.
- to tap or strike smartly.
- to drive by or as by a fillip: Anticipation filliped his passion.
- to make a fillip with the fingers.
- an act or instance of filliping; a smart tap or stroke.
- anything that tends to rouse, excite, or revive; a stimulus: Praise is an excellent fillip for waning ambition.
- fillip (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.