ferment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n. fûr'mentv.f&schwar&sylpment'), [key]
- Also calledany of a group of living organisms, as yeasts, molds, and certain bacteria, that cause fermentation.
- Also calledan enzyme.
- agitation; unrest; excitement; commotion; tumult: The new painters worked in a creative ferment. The capital lived in a political ferment.
- to act upon as a ferment.
- to cause to undergo fermentation.
- to inflame; foment: to ferment prejudiced crowds to riot.
- to cause agitation or excitement in: Reading fermented his active imagination.
- to be fermented; undergo fermentation.
- to seethe with agitation or excitement.
- ferment (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.