Meaning of fenestration
Pronunciation: (fen"u-strā'shun), [key]
- the design and disposition of windows and other exterior openings of a building.
- an ornamental motif having the form of a blind arcade or arch, as in medieval cabinetwork.
- a perforation in a structure.
- an operation to effect such an opening.
- Also calledfenestra&prim;tion opera&sec;tion,Lempert operation.the creation of an artificial opening into the labyrinth of the ear to restore hearing loss from otosclerosis.
- fenestration (Thesaurus)