feeler: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fē'lur), [key]
- a person or thing that feels.
- a proposal, remark, hint, etc., designed to bring out the opinions or purposes of others: Interested in an accord, both labor and management were putting out feelers.
- an organ of touch, as an antenna or a tentacle.
- Also calleda gauge having several blades of known thickness, used for measuring clearances.
- a device for indicating that the lead of a mechanical sounding device has come to the bottom.
- feeler (Thesaurus)