fee: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fē), [key]
— n., v., feed, fee•ing.
- a charge or payment for professional services: a doctor's fee.
- a sum paid or charged for a privilege: an admission fee.
- a charge allowed by law for the service of a public officer.
- an estate of inheritance in land, either absolute and without limitation to any particular class of heirs(fee simple)or limited to a particular class of heirs(fee tail).
- an inheritable estate in land held of a feudal lord on condition of the performing of certain services.
- a territory held in fee.
- a gratuity; tip.
- to give a fee to.
- to hire; employ.
- fee (Thesaurus)