Meaning of fatality
Pronunciation: (fā-tal'i-tē, fu-), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- a disaster resulting in death.
- a death resulting from such an occurrence: a rise in highway fatalities.
- the quality of causing death or disaster; a fatal influence; deadliness.
- predetermined liability to disaster, misfortune, etc.: a fatality for saying the wrong thing.
- the quality of being predetermined by or subject to fate: There is a fatality in human affairs that leads to destruction.
- the fate or destiny of a person or thing: Death is the ultimate fatality of all human beings.
- a fixed, unalterably predetermined course of things; inevitability: to resign oneself to the fatality of life.
- fatality (Thesaurus)