Meaning of extensive
Pronunciation: (ik-sten'siv), [key]
- of great extent; wide; broad: an extensive area.
- covering or extending over a great area: extensive travels.
- far-reaching; comprehensive; thorough: extensive knowledge.
- lengthy: an extensive journey.
- great in amount, number, or degree: an extensive fortune; extensive political influence.
- of or having extension: Space is extensive, time durational.
- noting or pertaining to a system of agriculture involving the use or cultivation of large areas of land with a minimum of labor and expense (opposed to intensive).
- extensive (Thesaurus)