Meaning of explorer
Pronunciation: (ik-splôr'ur, -splōr'-), [key]
- a person or thing that explores.
- a person who investigates unknown regions: the great explorers of the Renaissance.
- any instrument used in exploring or sounding a wound, a cavity in a tooth, or the like.
- (cap.) Also calleda person between the ages 14 and 20 who is an active participant in the exploring program sponsored by the Boy Scouts of America.
- (cap.)one of a long series of U.S. scientific satellites:(1958) was the first U.S. artificial satellite. Explorer 1
- explorer (Thesaurus)