Meaning of exogenous
Pronunciation: (ek-soj'u-nus), [key]
- originating from outside; derived externally.
- (of plants, as the dicotyledons) having stems that grow by the addition of an annual layer of wood to the outside beneath the bark.
- pertaining to plants having such stems.
- belonging to the exogens.
- (of a disease) externally caused rather than resulting from conditions within the organism.
- of or noting the metabolic assimilation of proteins or other metabolites, the elimination of nitrogenous catabolites being in direct proportion to the amount of metabolites taken in.
- exogenetic (def. 1).
- exogenous (Thesaurus)