excursion: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ik-skûr'zhun, -shun), [key]
- a short trip or outing to some place, usually for a special purpose and with the intention of a prompt return: a pleasure excursion; a scientific excursion.
- a trip on a train, ship, etc., at a reduced rate: weekend excursions to mountain resorts.
- the group of persons making such a journey: an excursion of tourists.
- a deviation or digression: excursions into futile philosophizing.
- the displacement of a body or a point from a mean position or neutral value, as in an oscillation.
- an accidental increase in the power level of a reactor, usually forcing its emergency shutdown.
- the range of stroke of any moving part.
- the stroke itself.
- a sally or raid.
- to go on or take an excursion.
- of, pertaining to, or intended for use on excursions: an excursion fare; an excursion bus.
- excursion (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.