excommunicate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.eks"ku-my'ni-kāt"n., adj.eks"ku-my'ni-kit, -kāt"), [key]
— v., n., adj. -cat•ed, -cat•ing,
- to cut off from communion with a church or exclude from the sacraments of a church by ecclesiastical sentence.
- to exclude or expel from membership or participation in any group, association, etc.: an advertiser excommunicated from a newspaper.
- an excommunicated person.
- cut off from communion with a church; excommunicated.
- excommunicate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.