exact: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ig-zakt'), [key]
- strictly accurate or correct: an exact likeness; an exact description.
- precise, as opposed to approximate: the exact sum; the exact date.
- admitting of no deviation, as laws or discipline; strict or rigorous.
- capable of the greatest precision: exact instruments.
- characterized by or using strict accuracy: an exact thinker.
- (of a differential equation) noting that the collection of all terms, equated to zero, is an exact differential.
- to call for, demand, or require: to exact respect from one's children.
- to force or compel the payment, yielding, or performance of: to exact money; to exact tribute from a conquered people.
- exact (Thesaurus)