evidence: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ev'i-duns), [key]
— n., v., -denced, -denc•ing.
- that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
- something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
- data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.
- plainly visible; conspicuous: The first signs of spring are in evidence.
- to make evident or clear; show clearly; manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.
- to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.
- evidence (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.