entail: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.en-tāl'n.en-tāl', en'tāl), [key]
- to cause or involve by necessity or as a consequence: a loss entailing no regret.
- to impose as a burden: Success entails hard work.
- to limit the passage of (a landed estate) to a specified line of heirs, so that it cannot be alienated, devised, or bequeathed.
- to cause (anything) to descend to a fixed series of possessors.
- the act of entailing.
- the state of being entailed.
- any predetermined order of succession, as to an office.
- something that is entailed, as an estate.
- the rule of descent settled for an estate.
- entail (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.